Sunday, August 07, 2011

I know kung-fu

Busy writing papers, but I worked on this between classes and on breaks.
We can totally ignore the proportion issues and off-balanceness of everything. Yes. Most definitely.


Inspirations - monk lady from previous entry, various East Asian monks, geometric designs, parkour, inadvertently, Tony Jaa and Stephen Chow
August 2011
Came up with a sort of spiritual successor to the monk lady from a month ago one night and decided he needed an epic action pose. Somewhere along the way he took on a look more akin to a modern martial arts star than a monk, funny how different faces and hair styles do that, but I couldn't bring myself to erase his face. Definitely more of a hollywood kung-fu style than originally intended. I'll post the little thumb nail sketch I based this off of in my next sketch post.

No comments:

Post a Comment