Tuesday, September 13, 2011

So, have you figured out that I like tutus yet?

Hello all, sorry for the lack of updates. In my weeks off from class I had my summer's life condensed into a few very packed days of constant interaction. Class has started again so I should have a more structured schedule again soon and hopefully I'll get out of my funk that I've been in over the past couple of weeks. I feel like my work's getting really repetitive and drawing from too few concepts and styles. I need to nest myself in the GT500-1500 section of the library again soon (costume history section). I'm getting very anxious since grad-school applications are soon and I need my portfolio to be excellent. If anyone has any suggestions I'd greatly appreciate them, I like criticism.

On a happier note, I've begun work on a costume for Halloween (which is very serious business). I started draughting pattern pieces the other day and hope to get a mock up and possibly the beginnings of one piece of it done this weekend. *fingers crossed*

Anyways, as promised in the title, tutus:

Odile - Swan Lake
Inspirations - Black Swan, feathers, gold
Aug-Sept 2011
Please excuse the horrible background and complete lack of a single light source - I got carried away and I feel like I lost the design behind the rendering. Not much to say. I like this one but would like to draw it again in watercolour so it works better with the VonRothbart illustration done a few weeks ago.

V. 1 updated
I changed the base top-plate colour to work with the rest of the tutu better. I had V. 2 as my background on Haydee (laptop) for the longest time. V. 2 was far more balanced, but I felt like V. 1 had a far stronger top, so I balanced the top-plate better to suit it. I think this works a bit better (I hope you agree).

No comments:

Post a Comment