Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Sketches

Drawings! I haven't been able to draw lately but here's a few sketches from this week.

Inspirations - I'm not quite sure at the moment, but I'm tempted to blame the large amount of BBC I've been watching since mum invaded. Also a pair of earrings from Oscura, which is a wonderful webcomic that has a very sketchy updating schedule.
Pencil
I'm not sold on the sleeves but I'm liking the head/shoulder area. This is one of those "damn it's 2 in the morning and I was just about to fall to sleep now I have to tumble out of bed to find the sketchbook before the idea leaves and gaaaahhhh why does light hurt so much" drawings. I'd like to work on it more later.

Korra from Legend of Korra
Ballpoint pen
Began sketching this while visiting my dad's shop on Saturday. If you haven't tuned into LoK yet you really should. The series is incredibly well researched and has some amazing production design. If you're a fan of fantasy, Asia, or the Roaring Twenties I cannot suggest this series more highly. I'm going to stop being a fangirl now.
My ballpoint pen skills are lacking. I really need to work on that. Clearly I am out of practice.

I'm hoping that I can get back into the game again soon. I'd like to finish the series started last week (and fix that illustration), get some character designs done, as well as some environment designs, and start experimenting with styles again - I'm not in a rut, but I do feel like I need to up the ante again some time soon. Also, please excuse my loopiness/rambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment