Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Space suits - girl

New drawings! (i.e. ones that have been almost done for weeks and I only just finished because I hate doing line work and that was all that was left.)

Inspirations - patterns from Atlantis, swim suits, that hood of amazingness and wonder from Prometheus
Finally done. This is a continuation from the space armour sketch from a few weeks months ago. I'll also be doing a male counterpart as well as a proper illustration for their armour. I want to get a good, strong series of illustrations out of this for my portfolio to show design, character, and the ability to think through all the details.
Initially I was only going to do the armours but then I decided to get more involved in this. I imagine the base suit as a wear-all-day kind of thing made out of the magical fabric described by Edna Mode in The Incredibles. It would offer protection from the elements and from the armours; however, to allow for individuality the people in this setting wear easy to remove clothing over top their suits. That way if an alarm sounds they can get into their armours quickly and efficiently without having to completely change their clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment