Saturday, July 23, 2011

More tutu action

V. 1 finished (?)
Inspirations - kimono neck lines, folded tulle
July 21st and 22nd
Fixed the bodice hem line to suit the top plate better and added a little bit more detail work on the top plate to balance everything. Really, really like it. I rarely begin a sketch without a lot of prior thought or planning, so this was a fun exercise. I find it really easy to experiment with photoshop, but I've been holding off using it for the past week  or two (many costume design masters programs greatly prefer traditional drawings). I've been having problems finding a happy medium since photoshop offers speed and a high level of experimentation (case in point, above). Anyways, enough rambling about that, I will probably finish the other variant later. Also, please excuse the lack of rendering in respects to her body; I really just wanted to focus on the tutu (though her face ate up some time and love).

Now, if only I came up with this design a month ago, I feel like this one is far superior to my submitted design. Ah well, my boundaries were pushed and good things came out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment