Thursday, July 21, 2011

Tutus

I recently submitted a tutu design to a major ballet company for an exhibition; unfortunately it was not chosen (though it may still be published on their various websites!), but defeat only makes me want to work harder and push my boundaries more.

Ode
Inspirations - Odette and Odile Swan Lake, Black Swan, ruff collars, birds
June 2011
Tutu design that I submitted. Around the time I began working on ideas I started work on the Black Swan essay for one of my classes - the two projects quickly became intertwined. The idea behind it was the combination of both Odette and Odile. The intended fabrics would have been raw silk (bodice and basque), linen (collar), organza (sleeves), and tulle (tutu and detail work). The tutu and much of the bodice would have been worked with gradients or layers of tulle to create a feathered effect. 

Inspirations - kimono wrapping at neck; next to no thought process
today
Odd little thing I began working on a few hours ago; not sure how to continue. This is pretty much just an experiment in colour and shape. Liking it thus far.

No comments:

Post a Comment