Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Class doodles

I draw a lot in class (because I am the BEST student). I haven't posted any doodles for a long time. Here's some from today's batch!

Working title "Heart of the Self"
Inspirations - Tima from Metropolis
Pen
Bunch of character designs for a short comic story that I'd like to work on once I finish Rowan; the story is based off a short story written for class in November/December which I couldn't realize despite writing it about 4 times. I eventually realized that the reason why I couldn't get it right was because I thought it in images. Obviously I have to write it in a comic instead! Little tidbit about the story: its about a robot girl built to replace a dead daughter (parents in the middle). No text, completely picture based.
Mostly just one character/versions of the same character. The little pic on the right is, just fyi, not inspired by either the Terminator or Two-Face; she's a bit of an homage to Tima from the animated epic Metropolis based on Tesuka's graphic novel series of the same name and the famous silent film. I think the image on the left describes her the best.

Character designs for "All Hail" backstory
Pen
Designs for Amelia and Rodrigo (both can be seen in earlier posts) when they were much younger (23 and 50 respectively). I've been writing a short story for class about them at this point in their lives and wanted to get a good handle on their visuals (it really helps me to have a visual concept of characters, places, etc. prior to writing anything). The two images flanking both sides are of Amelia's mother, Talia. Her mother never shows up in the story, but, again, I like having a good idea of what she looks like. Her mother died very young, hardly into her thirties, which is why she looks so young here.

No comments:

Post a Comment