Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh look! SOMETHING NEW. Who would have guessed?

Still working away on the dhoti lady. At a bit of an impasse since all that's left is painful detail work. I watched The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert tonight instead of working on comic pages/covers (I intended to do both, but the movie was far more entertaining than I expected). At the very end of the movie Guy Pierce, whose queen performance will haunt me as I try and watch Prometheus in couple months, was wearing these horrible, horrible checkery stripey pants for one shot and this was born.
Inspirations - Guy Pierce's pants in Priscilla, high fashion (been reading "Hello, Tailor" lately), Harlequins, Hamletmachine and her lovely use of checkers
Jan 21st/22nd
2 hours, photoshop CS5
I learned how to use clipping masks about a week or two ago. It's made my life so much easier. There are like 5 or 6 masks on this to do shading and what not. Lots of gradient abuse too. I feel like her face and hair really stick out. Might fiddle with her some more in the morning.
Started out as just a fashion thing and somehow she became a magic user. Balanced the drawing better.
EDIT: Fixed the hair. I've added the new version as well. I'm not sure exactly which I prefer. The new version looks very punk (I worry that it's too cliche even though it works a lot better).

No comments:

Post a Comment