Friday, January 27, 2012

Liz

I'm making an effort to post here more often, even if it is only sketches. I hope you like sketches and don't think I'm some sort of crazy person and/or lazy.

Liz - "Heart of the Self"
Inspirations - big headphones, cyberpunk, Tima from Metropolis, Motoko Kusanagi from Ghost in the Shell, that professor with the robotic legs that Vary likes in Finder, probably every robot/cyborg/mechanically based entity in any sci-fi I've ever fallen in love with (at least the conscious ones)
This afternoon
Red Col-erase
More designs for the robot girl (who I'm now calling "Liz") from last post. She's slowly becoming an homage to every one of my favourite robots/cyborgs - lets hope that EVAs don't make their way into this mix, especially not unit 01. The whole hair like Kusanagi was unintentional, but I will definitely acknowledge it as a subconscious association of one robot girl angsting about the self with another. 
The name Liz is, of course, short for Elizabeth. The girl she's based off of usually went by Liza or Lizzie. That won't ever be mentioned in the story (since the story doesn't have words), but I thought that that bit of information was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment