Monday, February 13, 2012

Sketches

Drew a coupl'a sketches tonight. Laides, as always. I really need to get in the habit of drawing more men. I've been drawing traditionally a lot more lately since I tend to draw better sketches/base work by hand whereas colours are easier in digital. I miss the feeling of getting a good drawing out by hand quickly. Takes so much longer and is so much sloppier digitally.

Inspirations - a moth picture in one of today's Cracked articles, NorthernBanshee, I've loved her fashion sketches based on bugs for a long time, but I never thought I'd do one of my own until I fell in love with a golden moth
Tonight, pencil, 10min
BAMF moth-lady in a BAMF chair, need I say more? She'll likely be coloured later.

Tonight, pencil, 10min
Ran out of space for her legs. Ahh! Such a bad habit I thought I got rid of when I was a teenager, alas. Basically a Rapunzel-ish girl, started with her hair and then turned into this. I think it would be interesting to do such a feminine fairytale girl as a boy, but that's for another day. I might work on this idea more later. And by might I mean possibly right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment